Finding Peace in Chaos
1 week ago.
“Sho. SHO. Shoshanna”
I looked up. My husband, Steven was standing above me. I had no idea how long he had been standing there talking to me. I was on information overload. Staring at my phone. It dawned on me that I hadn’t heard him talking to me. I also realized that I had lost 90 minutes scrolling through Social Media clicking every article. I was feeling dread, fear, and uncertainty.
“Crap. I totally got sucked in.”
“Seriously. You have to stop reading that shit. You should delete that app from your phone.” My hubby gave me a loving smile and then stood there until I followed his very smart advice. I deleted the damn app.
Later that night I was awake again in bed. My feelings hadn’t disappeared with the app. There was a pit in my stomach. My mind was racing. My heart felt heavy. Within myself was chaos.
CHAOS – complete confusion and disorder; a state in which behavior and events are not controlled by anything
Over the next 7 days, I spoke with multiple clients, friends, and family. I noticed that I was exhausted and irritable. We are all energetic sponges my friends. Not only was I processing my own feelings and thoughts about what was happening, I was also supporting a lot of others as well. Inadvertently or just unconsciously, I was filled up with energy that felt terrible
Alaric, one of my spirit guides, poked me. “HEY,” He said. “Stop. Listen. Shift your energy. You know how.” I remember taking a big deep breath and recognizing that I needed to find my inner light. But first I had to get present.
A meditation came to me. I recorded it and now I am sharing it with you.
A couple of things to help you get the most out of this meditation:
- Everything is made up of energy. Thoughts. Feelings. The cells in our body. When we shift our energy, it shifts our thoughts, feelings, and even our physical body.
- Your energy is centered somewhere in your body at this moment. In the meditation, I will be asking you “where is your energy centered?” Prepared to be surprised. Your body will answer you. Specifically I am going to ask you if your energy is centered in your head, heart, or belly.
- When we are trying to figure something out and are overanalyzing, our mind has racing energy in it.
- When we feel uneasy or fearful and want to fight the feeling, our belly will be holding lots of energy.
- If you are having so much emotions that are cascading all over the place like sadness or anxiety or overwhelm, you energy is likely to be centered in your heart.
- There is NO RIGHT ANSWER. Yep you read that right. There is NOT a right place for your energy to be centered. When you ask the question, you may find that your energy is centered in your throat, back of your head, or even your left big toe. Please trust your connection to your body and what it tells you. Listen to it. When I ask the question, where is your energy location? Trust the first answer you get. Follow the prompts to breath into the energy.
- Whatever energy you find and wherever you find it in your body practice being patient. Breath into that part of your body and into that energy. If it feels like a big scary energy, try to see it as a part of you having a temper tantrum. Give it (it is YOU) kindness and love. A bit of space.
- Do the beginning part of the meditation until you have moved through your body giving room to all energies that feel in reaction to confusion and disorder. For you that could be anger, sadness, anxiety, desire to control, feeling hopeless.
- Finally make sure to finish the meditation so you can find an energy in your body that feels good to you that you wish to move through your whole body. Mind. Heart. Belly.
- Please email me with any questions email@example.com